NOTE: You are not allowed to collaborate or share in this assignment – this summative assignment is an individual task that must be completed within the timelines given (you will hand in whatever is completed by the end of June 17th class). All submitted pages of the assignment must have your names or initials on each printout. If the same work is handed in by more then one student, both students will receive a 0 on the task.
Create a table as outlined below and keep the table up to date as you work through this assignment.
Summative Assessment Tracking Table
|Task||Date Completed||Software Used|
|Task 1 – Cereal Box Cover||Tuesday June 11, 2013||Adobe InDesign|
|Task 2 – Brand Comparison Spreadsheet||Wednesday June 12, 2013||Excel/Word|
|Task 3 – Competition Comparison||Thursday June 13, 2013||Access|
|Task 4 – Website||Monday June 17, 2013||Adobe Dreamweaver|
|Task 5 – Presentation to the Board||Monday June 17, 2013||PowerPoint|
End of Unit: Database Test
Work Period – finish all database assignments and prepare for Thursday’s test
When creating a business presentation it is often necessary to use more than one piece of software to accurately, efficiently and effectively display all information. Often the use of a word processor is required for the structure of a report, but a database or spreadsheet is used to accurately and efficiently manipulate data. The integration of software is a useful tool. To enhance word processing documents it is often necessary include reports, data or charts from a database or spreadsheet program.
Example: Records/Report exported from Database
Steps to Export Data and use reports in other applications (Excel or Word):
1. Complete sorts/queries in database program and create a report to display the data
2. Choose Export in the Report Menu (Right click on filename and choose export) and export in format required (Excel or Word)
3. Open the report in required program (Excel or Word) and use as required
Assignment: Create a title page and hand in the following 2 tasks:
Task 1: Exercise 9 on page 393
Task 2: Create a form letter to everyone in class which outlines information (as outlined below) about our class
– Introduce your letter in paragraph 1
– Paragraph 2 – outline what is being shown in the following charts:
All students in the database sorted by last name in a simple table.
– Paragraph 3 – outline what is being shown in the following table and graph
All student ages displayed in table and a spreadsheet line graph showing the ages graphically
– Provide a conclusion in paragraph 4
– End your letter with an appropriate closing section (ie. Sincerely, your name)
– Merge the letter with our class database for names and addresses (print only the first 3 letters of the form letter merge)