Unit 4 – Webpages and Websites
Methods to Create Web Pages (Multiple pages is a website)
1) Text Based Web Page Creation: Any program that allows you to type text (including programs like Notepad on Windows Computers) could actually be used to create web pages using a programming language HTML (HyperText Markup Language)
Example of HTML Code
<p>This web page is about me, the sports I like, the food I eat and the things I do
<p>This is some text about me …..
2) WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) Web Page Creation: A web page editing program which provides an editing interface which resembles how the page will be displayed in a web browser. Many WYSIWYG editors will also allow you to add HTML code.
Popular Web Page Creation Programs
- coffee cup
- google sites
These programs allow you to create websites mirrors which you can then upload to a web hosting service so it can be viewed on the internet. This service may be provided free by your ISP (Internet Service Provider – Hurontel, EastLink etc) or you may have to pay for this service. There are many web hosts on the intermet.
Learning Dreamweaver – A WYSIWYG Editor (not a Web 2.0 tool)
1. Views of Dreamweaver
2. Working with Objects in Preview Mode and viewing code in code mode
Types of Objects:
- Text Objects (including formatting text)
- Image Objects
- Link Objects
3. Page Properties – background images, page and text colours etc.
4. Advanced Objects – formatting page setup with tables
5. Creating a Website of many Webpages